According to the Koran (Qur’an), Muhammad went to great lengths denying that Jesus was a son of God AND asserting that a Trinity or other deity multiplicity does not exist and that there is only one supreme deity, Allah (God).
- And yet some people assert, “God has taken unto Himself a son!” Limitless is He in His glory!  Nay, but His is all that is in the heavens and on earth; all things devoutly obey His will. – 2:116 (Asad)
- O FOLLOWERS of the Gospel! Do not overstep the bounds [of truth] in your religious beliefs,  and do not say of God anything but the truth. The Christ Jesus, son of Mary, was but God’s Apostle – [the
fulfilment of] His promise which He had conveyed unto Mary – and a soul created by Him. Believe, then, in God and His apostles, and do not say, “[God is] a trinity”. Desist [from this assertion] for your own good. God is but One God; utterly remote is He, in His glory, from having a son: unto Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth; and none is as worthy of trust as God. – 4:171 (Asad)
- the Originator of the heavens and the earth! How could it be that He should have a child without there ever having been a mate for Him – since it is He who has created everything, and He alone knows everything? – 6:101 (Asad)
- AND THE JEWS say, “Ezra is God’s son,” while the Christians say, “The Christ is God’s son.” Such are the sayings which they utter with their mouths, following in spirit assertions made in earlier times by people who denied the truth!  [They
deserve the imprecation:] “May God destroy them!”  How perverted are their minds!  – 9:30 (Asad)
- [And yet] they assert, “God has taken unto Himself a son!” Limitless is He in His glory!  Self-sufficient is He: unto Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth! No evidence whatever have you for this [assertion]! Would you ascribe unto God something which you cannot know? – 10:68 (Asad)
- and say: “All praise is due to God, who begets no offspring,  and has no partner in His dominion, and has no weakness, and therefore no need of any aid”  -and [thus] extol His limitless greatness. – 17:111 (Asad)
- Furthermore, [this divine
writ is meant] to warn all those who assert, “God has taken unto Himself a son.” – 18:4 (Asad)
- It is not conceivable that God should have taken unto Himself a son: limitless is He in His glory!  When He wills a thing to be, He but says unto it “Be” -and it is! – 19:35 (Asad)
- As it is,  some assert, “The Most Gracious has taken unto Himself a son„!  – 19:88 (Asad)
- Indeed, [by this assertion] you have brought forth something monstrous, – 19:89 (Asad)
- whereat the heavens might well-nigh be rent into fragments, and the earth be split asunder, and the mountains fall down in ruins! – 19:90 (Asad)
- That men. should ascribe a son to the Most Gracious, – 19:91 (Asad)
- although it is inconceivable that the Most Gracious should take unto Himself a son!  – 19:92 (Asad)
- And [yet,] some say, “The Most Gracious has taken unto Himself a son”! Limitless is He in His glory!  Nay, [those whom they regard as God’s “offspring” are but His] honoured servants:  – 21:26 (Asad)
- Never did God take unto Himself any offspring,  nor has there ever been any deity side by side with Him: [for,
had there been any,] lo! each deity would surely have stood apart [from the others] in whatever it had created,  and they would surely have [tried to] overcome one another! Limitless in His glory is God, [far] above anything that men may devise by way of definition,  – 23:91 (Asad)
- He to whom the dominion over the heavens and the earth belongs, and who begets no offspring,  and has no partner in His dominion: for it is He who creates every thing and determines its nature in accordance with [His own] design.  – 25:2 (Asad)“God has begotten [a son]”; and, verily, they are lying [too, when they say], – 37:152 (Asad)
- Had God willed to take Unto Himself a son, He could have chosen anyone that He wanted out of whatever He has created – [but] limitless is He in His glory!  He is the One God, the One who holds absolute sway over all that exists! – 39:4 (Asad)
- Say [O Prophet]: “If the Most Gracious [truly] had a son, I would be the first to worship him!” – 43:81 (Asad)
- Utterly remote, in His glory, is the Sustainer of the heavens and the earth – the Sustainer, in almightiness enthroned  from all that they may attribute to Him by way of definition!  – 43:82 (Asad)
- for [we know] that sublimely exalted is our Sustainer’s majesty: no consort has He ever taken unto Himself, nor a son! – 72:3 (Asad)
However, he did confess that God created Jesus as a spirit from himself:
- [4:171] O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion, and do not say about God except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, is the Messenger of God, and His Word that He conveyed to Mary, and a Spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and do not say, “Three.” Refrain—it is better for you. God is only one God. Glory be to Him—that He should have a son. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and the earth, and God is a sufficient Protector.”
Clearly, Muhammad admitted that Jesus was God’s (presumably the UNIVERSAL Father’s) SPIRIT OFFSPRING.
We should interpret that as Muhammad asserting that, while God bore no physical offspring (that he knew of), God did produce Jesus’ person (or personality) as God’s SPIRITUAL offspring, albeit Mary actually bore the physical body of Jesus in her womb.
Muhammad also confessed that Jesus performed miracles with the support of the Holy Spirit. He did not explain the nature, origin, or presence of the Holy Spirit – obviously, he did not consider the Holy Spirit a deity co-ordinate of God (the Universal Father), but what else could she be?
- [2:87] We gave Moses the Scripture, and sent a succession of messengers after him. And We gave Jesus son of Mary the clear proofs, and We supported him with the Holy Spirit. Is it that whenever a messenger comes to you with anything your souls do not desire, you grew arrogant, calling some impostors, and killing others?
- [2:253] These messengers: We gave some advantage over others. To some of them God spoke directly, and some He raised in rank. We gave Jesus son of Mary the clear miracles, and We strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. Had God willed, those who succeeded them would not have fought one another, after the clear signs had come to them; but they disputed; some of them believed, and some of them disbelieved. Had God willed, they would not have fought one another; but God does whatever He desires.
- [5:110] When God will say, “O Jesus son of Mary, recall My favor upon you and upon your mother, how I supported you with the Holy Spirit. You spoke to the people from the crib, and in maturity. How I taught you the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel. And recall that you molded from clay the shape of a bird, by My leave, and then you breathed into it, and it became a bird, by My leave. And you healed the blind and the leprous, by My leave; and you revived the dead, by My leave. And recall that I restrained the Children of Israel from you when you brought them the clear miracles. But those who disbelieved among them said, `This is nothing but obvious sorcery.'”